Got questions? We've got the answers!
HOW DO I CANCEL OR CHANGE MY BOOKING?
- If you have booked and paid for a non-refundable rate, the booking cannot be canceled or amended.
- If you have booked a flexible rate, you can change or cancel your booking 48 hours prior to arrival.
- If you made a flexible booking through BOOK1, you can cancel or change this reservation by contacting email@example.com.
Do check your booking confirmation to see the cancellation policy that applies to your booking.
If you have booked through a third party or online travel agent, you should contact them regarding cancellations or changes.
HOW CAN I DO A GROUP BOOKING?
- We consider reservations for 20 people or more a group booking. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation. Special group terms and conditions will apply
- All bookings for less than 20 persons can be made directly at our website
CAN GUESTS UNDER 18 STAY AT BOOK1?
- BOOK1 does not accept bookings made by those under the age of 16.
- Under 18's can stay in private rooms when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Under 18’s can stay in shared rooms only if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or if they are part of a school group that has booked out the entire dorm room and the teacher has the required documentation.
- Failure to adhere to this rule will result in automatic cancellation with no refund given.
CAN I MAKE A RESERVATION AND PAY UPON ARRIVAL?
- No, unfortunately, that is not possible. Depending on your reservation your credit card will either be charged when you make your reservation or 48 hours before the arrival date.
WHAT CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED?
- VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, and Dankort are accepted.
HOW DO I BOOK USING A GIFT VOUCHER?
- You just send us an email at email@example.com, informing us when you wish to stay, your gift voucher number, amount of people, and names then we’ll get right back to you.
DO YOU OFFER SPECIAL LONG-TERM RATES?
- Yes, we do. So if you want to stay more than 14 consecutive nights, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll get back with availability and conditions.
See all our rooms types available here including our female-only rooms
WHAT TYPE OF ROOM SHOULD I PICK IF I DO NOT WANT TO SHARE WITH STRANGERS?
- You should book a private room. We have loads of options available if you wish to spend the night alone and have some private space. See them all here
WILL I BE ABLE TO STAY IN THE SAME ROOM AS MY FRIENDS?
- If you are booking beds in a dorm for more than one person, we can’t guarantee that you’ll be placed in the same room. If you want to be sure to stay in the same room, please book a private room.
DO YOU HAVE BABY COTS OR EXTRA BEDS?
- Unfortunately, we don't offer this
DO ALL ROOMS HAVE BATHROOMS?
- All our bunk bed rooms, standard double rooms, and hostel suites have a private bathroom in the room
- Our pod dorms and private twin rooms have a shared bathroom and toilet in the common area
DO YOU HAVE ACCESSIBLE ROOMS?
- Of course! If you wish to book an accessible room, send us an email at email@example.com
ARRIVAL AND CHECK-IN
WHAT TIME ARE CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT?
- Check-in is any time from 15:00 and check-out is before 11:00.
- You can arrange a late check-out for DKK 60,- per person. Late check-out runs until 13:00, giving you more time to sleep in and relax before leaving.
- In case you arrive early we will always try to accommodate you straight away. Otherwise, you are welcome to drop off your luggage in the locker room for free. After check-out the lockers are also free, so just ask in the lobby bar for an available one.
- Our lobby bar is open 24/7.
CAN I ARRIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?
- BOOK1 is open to our guests: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you’re staying with us, you always have access!
- The front doors are locked between 02:00 – 06:00. You will need your key to access the property between these hours.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE BEFORE AND AFTER CHECK-IN?
- Lockers are available throughout your stay for free - both before you check in and after you check out. Nice right?
LOCATION & PARKING
HOW TO GET TO BOOK1?
- Our address is Møllegade 3A, Aarhus, 8000. We are located right in front of Mølleparken. We are just a short 10 minutes stroll away from the train and bus station.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
- We do not offer guest parking. However, there are plenty of paid parking options around the hostel - both parking facilities as well as street parking.
- The closest options are:
- Mølleparken parking spaces are just in front of BOOK1, and cost approximately DKK 17,- per hour between 08:00-23:00 and are free from 23:00-08:00, it is paid directly through the Easy Park app.
- You will also find the 24-hour basement Q Park at the back of the hostel. The address is Vestergade 65, 8000 Aarhus, and the cost is approximately DKK 25 per hour.
- If our guests choose to park in the city, it is at their own risk. BOOK1 is not responsible for any guest’s vehicles or payment regarding parking.
SERVICES AT BOOK1
ARE THERE HAIRDRYERS?
- Yes, you can rent hairdryers for DKK 25,- per use.
ARE TOWELS AND ALL BED LINEN SUPPLIED IN ALL ROOMS?
- Yes, all room types have a nice quality towel stored in the private lockers - and all beds are made beforehand with soft bed linen for you. A mandatory DKK 30 fee is added for the towels and bed linen when booking Bunk Bed Rooms or a bed in our Pod Dorm.
ARE THE BEDS SINGLE OR DOUBLE?
- Our premium suites have double beds. Our pod dorm beds are 140x200cm in size. All other room types have single beds.
DO YOU ACCEPT PETS?
- No sorry, we love those furry friends - but we do not allow pets to stay here.
CAN I GET SOMETHING DELIVERED TO ME?
- Yes, providing it arrives whilst you are staying here. If something comes before or after your stay, we will not accept it.
CAN I BRING GUESTS IN WHO AREN'T STAYING AT BOOK1?
- Yes, you can bring guests to our public areas such as the lobby bar, all social spaces, and the minigolf areas. However, once these areas close, they must leave the venue. Guests not staying at BOOK1 are not allowed into our private accommodation areas. This includes our pod dorm.
DO YOU HAVE ANY LAUNDRY FACILITIES AND HOW MUCH ARE THEY?
- Yes, we do! They cost DKK 30,- for a wash and DKK 25,- for a dry. Washing soap is automatically added to the wash cycle free of charge. You must use a QR code to operate the machines via your mobile phone.
DO THE ROOMS HAVE LOCKERS FOR STORAGE?
- Yes, our pod dorm and shared rooms have individual lockers assigned to each bed. These come free of charge with your booking.
IF MY LUGGAGE IS TOO BIG FOR THE LOCKERS, CAN I STORE THEM ELSEWHERE?
- Yes, you can use our large luggage room. This can only be accessed by staff on shift. Alternatively, you can rent an additional locker.
WHAT TYPE OF POWER SOCKETS ARE IN THE HOSTEL?
- We have standard European power sockets running on 220 V and are compatible with types C and F. All beds have their own power socket with a USB port available.
DO YOU HAVE ANY EVENTS AT BOOK1?
- Ooooh yes - happy you asked! We often have a cool lineup of events such as quizzes, minigolf battles, and DJ sets. Check out our Facebook to see current events here
IS WI-FI FREE TO USE?
- Yes, the WiFi is completely free and can be accessed once you submit your email address.
ARE TOILETRIES SUPPLIED?
- Bodywash is provided in all room types. Both bodywash, shampoo, and conditioner are supplied in our suites.
CAN I RENT A BIKE AT BOOK1?
- Yes, you can rent bikes for DKK 150 per day.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of bikes, and they cannot be reserved.
FOOD AND DRINKS AT BOOK1
HOW MUCH DOES THE 'GOOD MORNING. IT'S ORGANIC!' BREAKFAST COST?
- Our organic breakfast costs DKK 79,- per person. Kids from 2-10 years = DKK 50,-
DO YOU HAVE A KITCHEN TO COOK MY OWN MEAL IN?
- No, we do not offer any cooking facilities at BOOK1.
CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD AND DRINK TO THE PROPERTY?
- No sorry, you cannot bring food or drink into our public areas. You must order beverages in the bar (loads of good stuff await here), and we got you all covered in the food court with organic breakfast in the morning and street food for your evening cravings.
DO YOU SERVE LUNCH AND DINNER?
- Yes, we serve tasty street food to tickle your tastebuds in our food court from 17:00-22:00
WHAT TIME DOES THE BAR OPEN AND CLOSE?
- The lobby bar closes to the public at 02:00 but is open for staying guests 24 hours.